You’ll be helping kids with rentals in the morning, chaperoning them to and from ski school and lunch, and free riding with them in the afternoon. SkiDUCK usually provides FREE Volunteer lift tickets to those who don’t have a season pass at the resort, and you’ll have an hour+ of free time to do what you want while kids are in lessons.
You don’t have to be a past instructor to volunteer for on-slope events, but we do prefer at least an intermediate skill level (i.e. comfortable on blue runs). Participating resorts generously provide our kids with lessons, but we’re also looking for volunteers who can assist instructors in classes. – OR if you’re interested in volunteering OFF the slopes, you don’t have to know how to ski or ride at all. We’re seeking off-slope volunteers to help with marketing/fundraising events, website and social media management, photography/video production, program coordination, and grant writing.)
- First, click here for a Background Check which is required of ALL volunteers working directly with kids. There’s an $8 fee and it only takes a minute online. (Partnering youth groups’ staff and registered volunteers who have already completed background checks with their organization do not need to complete this one.)
- We host events every non-holiday Sunday, January through April. So once you’ve submitted your background check, email us your preferred dates, along with your cell # at Volunteer@SkiDUCK.org
- Then, from our Participant Forms page print and bring a signed copy of the REQUIRED Adult Volunteer Liability Waiver to your first event of the season. (Only 1 form needed per season.)
- Also, print and bring the resort’s Event Day Itinerary with you, as it has ALL instructions re: meeting places and times as well as Lead Volunteer contact info.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the event start time, so we can provide instructions on “herding cats” on the slopes!
We’re excited to have you join our team! For any other questions, please contact: Volunteer@SkiDUCK.org