You’ll be helping kids with rentals in the morning, chaperoning them to and from ski school and lunch, and free riding with them in the afternoon. SkiDUCK usually provides FREE Volunteer lift tickets to those who don’t have a season pass at the resort, and you’ll have an hour+ of free time to do what you want while kids are in lessons.
Yes, for on-slope events we prefer at least a solid intermediate skill level for all volunteers (i.e. comfortable on all blue runs). However, our participating resorts generously provide SkiDUCK kids with lessons, so you don’t have to be an instructor or a pro skier/rider to volunteer. (If you’re interested in volunteering off the slopes, we are seeking skills in: marketing/fundraising, accounting, IT, photography/video production, social media, writing and program coordination.)
- First, click here for a Background Check which is required of ALL volunteers working directly with kids. There’s an $8 fee and it only takes a minute online. (Partnering youth groups’ staff and registered volunteers who have already completed background checks with their organization do not need to complete this one.)
- Once you’ve submitted your Background Check, email us at Volunteer@SkiDUCK.org
- Within a few days we’ll send you an invitation to our Volunteer Registration and Scheduling tool called TeamSnap (www.TeamSnap.com) where you can sign up for on-slope events. (Please add your cell # to your profile.)
- Then, from our Participant Forms page print and bring a signed copy of the REQUIRED Adult Volunteer Liability Waiver to your first event of the season. (Only 1 form needed per season.)
- Also, print and bring the resort’s Event Day Itinerary with you, as it has ALL instructions re: meeting places and times as well as Lead Volunteer contact info.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the event start time, so we can provide instructions on “herding cats” on the slopes!
We’re excited to have you join our team! For any other questions, please contact: Volunteer@SkiDUCK.org